Real Life Kitchen Fire

August 2007 Howells Bradford Ltd attended a site after a fire had started in a commercial kitchen, The over-heating of an appliance started the fire which quickly spread though the kitchen extraction system due to a high build up grease in the canopy hood and ducting.

The extraction filters within the system were poorly maintained and clogged with grease deposits and as a result ignited, causing the grease behind the filter-line to combust. As the fire took hold the ignited filters disintegrated and fell on to the appliances below and the kitchen floor increasing the damage.


As the extraction system was operational, the airflow and high level of grease build up enabled the fire to travel down the ducting towards the fan resulting in devastating damage throughout the building.  

As a result of this fire the establishment lost several months of trading and the costs of a full kitchen refurbishment.

Copyright 2021 • Howells Bradford Ltd | Built By BWAR!